Site EIT Health
ABOUT EIT HEALTH:
EIT Health, a Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC) under the umbrella of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), is focused on promoting entrepreneurship, innovation, and education in the domain of healthy living and active ageing.
EIT Health brings together leading organisations along the entire value chain – smaller companies, larger industry, excellent academic and research institutions, and public sector organisations – to promote healthy living, support active ageing and improve healthcare.
The organisation achieves this by removing barriers to innovation, promoting talent and education, leveraging enabling technologies and exploiting big data.
EIT Health Central Office is in Munich and develops its activities across a network of regional Innovation Hubs in Paris, London, Barcelona, Rotterdam, Stockholm, Vienna and Mannheim. In addition, the InnoStars office in Budapest involves Partners from Hungary, Poland, Portugal, and Italy.
EIT Health includes more than 150 partners.
ROLE LOCATION : French Regional Innovation Hub
REPORTS TO AND/OR MANAGED BY: Reports to Hub Corporate Affairs Lead (solid reporting line)
WORKS WITH (in addition to relationships above) As part of the Corporate Affairs Team :
- Event Manager
- Communication apprentice
- Public Affairs Team
- Stakeholder Relations Assistant
At Regional Innovation Hub in France :
- Eco-System Leads
- Venture Centre of Excellence Team
- WorkInHealth Team
- Pillars Leads
At Central Office :
- External Communications and Events team
- Internal Comms Team
- Public Affairs and Stakeholder Relationship Team
ROLE OBJECTIVES :
The EIT Health France Communications Lead will be responsible for developing and implementing an effective, strategically driven, multi-channel regional and European communication plan targeting diverse audiences and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be part of a pan European Communications team at EIT Health, composed of communications professionals at all EIT Health Regional Innovation Hubs (eight in total) and the Central Office in Munich, Germany.
The Central Office and Regional team share accountability for devising the broader EIT Health Communications Strategy against EIT Health’s goals.
The CO team drivesthe corporate pan-EU EIT Health communications strategy and tactical plan, while the Regional Communications Leads have responsibility for the strategy and tactical plan at the local and regional level.
The main objectives of the Communications function at EIT Health are to:
• Increase visibility and awareness of EIT Health.
• Communicate the value and impact generated through the results of our portfolio of projects, programmes and services in the healthcare and research and innovation landscape.
• Position EIT Health as a thought leader in healthcare innovation and the entrepreneurship arena.
The Communications Lead will lead and deliver the implementation of a comprehensive communications plan that incorporates digital and social content development, thought leadership and media and press relations.
The post holder is required to provide specialist communication advice, expertise and guidance to the region’s organisational leadership and wider communications function at both a strategic and operational level.
We’re looking for a communications expert with at least one significant past position involving leading and delivering proactive and reactive external and internal communications, ideally within the healthcare or related industries.
You will need strong experience in leading and managing communication plans using a multi-channel approach with a good track record of establishing effective working relationships with relevant media editors and journalists at national and regional level.
You will collaborate and cooperate across the organisation by identifying synergies and interdependencies across related disciplines, e.g., Stakeholder Relations inside EIT Health and with our partner organisations.
External Communications (approx. 80%) :
• Define, develop and deliver the hub Communication activities (strategic and tactical plan) targeting key external stakeholders (e.g., healthcare providers, payers, patient organisations, patients, citizens, etc.) – aligning with the communications strategy but reflecting regional priorities.
• Manage and have strategic oversight of hub digital communications channels, including social media and hub website pages. Tasks will include social media and website content development, monitoring digital/social media environment and trends and applications to drive hub visibility and audience engagement and interaction.
• Identify and develop creative and compelling communications content showcasing the successes and impacts of EIT Health and the hub; partnering with other functions to ensure identification of appropriate communications milestones, results and achievements.
• Identify suitable topics and milestones to engage with media. Develop appropriate media materials, such as key messages/press releases and distribute and pitch accordingly.
- Conduct regular media monitoring to assess and analyse the media environment to support strategic direction and report monthly to the central offices.
- Occasionally work with and manage external contactors.
• Provide communications support to appropriately disseminate EIT Health Think Tank outputs and activities, as well as relevant public affairs activity
• Maximise Central Office driven opportunities at the local level, and seek to identify regional opportunities that have potential for multi-region and pan-EU benefit.
• Generate, develop and maintain a relevant and accurate regional corporate collateral portfolio, such as backgrounders, slide decks and videos.
• Continue to monitor, measure, and refine external communication deliverables to ensure timely completion of deliverables, accuracy and effectiveness.
Internal Communications (approx. 20%) :
• In close collaboration with the Central Office Internal Communications team, give input into the Internal Communication plan, providing recommendations in how to coordinate and align all partner (core and associate) communications.
• Support CO Internal Communications in execution of relevant activities that require input, knowledge and engagement of partnership at the regional level (e.g., New Partner showcasing Events).
• Actively promote the visibility of regional partners, through EIT Health and the wider network.
• Work with local partners/ecosystem to identify opportunities for partner involvement in other related broader functional activities, ie, thought leadership/expert commentary/media engagement etc.
• Align with Central Office Internal Communications for the local Staff Newsletter
• Communications master’s degree (e.g. CELSA, Paris 1, Science Po, SUP de PUB, ISCOM or equivalent in another European country).
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a communications/public relations role with a comprehensive understanding of innovative communication methods, including leveraging and maximising traditional, digital and social media channels.
• Strong social media skills, including an understanding of the social/online audiences, creating content and engaging/growing community.
• Experience in / good knowledge of the healthcare or innovation sector within Europe.
• Media relations experience, ideally with relevant outlets.
• Experience with event strategy, design and management is desirable. The candidate will be supported by a communication apprentice.
• Excellent writing skills for communications content relevant for diverse audiences.
• Ability to navigate complex organisational structure and operational processes of a growing organisation.
• Ability to convert scientific and/or technical concepts to simple and compelling content.
• Social media and website content management.
• Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills.
• Fluent French and English language skills, both oral and written.
Other relevant criteria :
• High levels of resilience, flexibility and drive for results.
• Ability to perform effectively under pressure and prioritise and manage a variety of tasks and to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and autonomously as well as part of a team
• Located in Paris, France. Should be prepared to travel in France and throughout Europe on a regular basis
JOB CONTRACT SPECIFICATION – Full time permanent contract.
Application process :
• Applications should consist of a full curriculum vitae and a cover letter describing briefly how you meet the criteria indicated above and outlining your interest in, and vision for, the role.
• Applications should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com
• Please indicate your earliest possible entry date as well as salary expectations.
• Applications will remain open until we have found a suitable candidate.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org